[3830] ARRLDX SSB K2DM M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 7 20:01:43 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K2DM
Operator(s): K1CTR K2DM K3ZGA N0SMX W2TR W3US
Station: K2DM

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NFL

   10:   34     7
-------------------
Total:  954   231  Total Score = 661,122

Club: The Villages Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

An SSB contest at the bottom of the sunspot cycle is a bit of a grind.  It gets
to a point on Sunday when hourly rates can be counted on one's fingers.  Our
equipment worked fine, except when I got reports of having lousy audio from a
handful of stations.  Swapping microphones didn't solve the problem, but
swapping radios did.  Nice to have spare K3s.
All of our operators live in a deed-restricted community, so the opportunity to
operate with real antennas a few miles down the road is a blessing.  What fun it
is to work stations in YB, JA, FK, ZL, VK, KH6, KL7, 9G, ZS6, etc. with one or
two calls.
We did lots of S&Ping and we ran when we could.  We are still in the mode of
training new contesters to run.  Thanks to my friends who came to The Land to
play.  Until next time, 73, de K2DM