[3830] ARRLDX SSB WA8Y SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 7 20:31:22 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: WA8Y
Operator(s): WA8Y
Station: WA8Y

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Midland, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 21:23
Remote Operation

Total:  422   154  Total Score = 193,578

Club: Bay Area DXers

Comments:

I didn't think I'd participate in the SSB version but I did and I had fun.  Like
always playing radio is fun!  I like trying to understand the science of
propagation, following the grey line and other propagation paths to make as many
contacts with as many countries (entities) as possible.  I like see the spots on
my panafall, but just tuning thru the band you hear a few more.  And if I see a
rare one (or a new multiplier) I have a choice to pounce on it.  It puts me in
the unlimited category (no way I have enough knowledge, skills or station to
compete) but its fun for me to see those spots and try to work as many places as
possible.

You must be in Run mode to make lots of Qs.  But 20 meters was so jammed there
is usually no where to run for a stations with modest antennas.  I ran a little
on 20 meters on Sunday and tried to run on 15 meters but it was jammed too.