[3830] ARRLDX SSB N9TF SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 7 23:41:40 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL

   80:    2     2
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  177    80  Total Score = 42,480

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

That was painfully frustrating, unless of course you were on the east coast and
down around into 4 and 5 land. That's where a lot of the action and Qs went to
from EU and SA. Fell way below my pre contest goal of 500 Qs! I was hoping to
break through the 9,000 Q mark towards the SMCLAA. I ended up just S&Ping as
many attempts to call CQ either netted a big fat "ZERO" or, more
often, I was bumped off my calling frequency by either a loud DX station, that
never heard me or, I had settled on a calling frequency that was already
occupied by a NA station I could not hear. Usually someone in 4 land. Many
S&P calls to EU stations were returned with a CQ back in my face, or a run
of W1s through W5s by the DX station. Wasted way too much time trying to break
through some of the EU pileups for a Q. And these should not have been hard ones
like EA and I. I was squashed by the east cost. To add insult to injury, late in
the EU opening Sunday, as 20m was changing more to the west coast, 6s and 7s
were squashing me to both EU and SA. Could not get anything going on 40 or 80.
15 was some help, but prop was favoring the east coast even more there. Fought
for every Q I made on that band. The most frustrating thing was the many repeats
I had to give for my call. So many stations could not decipher the "T"
in my call. Several times I just gave up and moved on. Many expletives were
shouted when the mic was unkeyed!
Next up, the WI QSO party. Hoping for a lot of activity!

73 Gene, N9TF