[3830] ARRLDX SSB KH6CJJ SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 8 01:23:06 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Maui, Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 29:13

  160:    3     3
   10:   47     5
-------------------
Total: 2164   196  Total Score = 1,272,432

Club: Maui ARC

Comments:

Certainly my best contest performance ever! It would have been even better if
160 and 10 were better.  As a low power guy, I don't expect much out of 160 from
Hawaii, but to not even work CA was a new low.  I was lucky to catch the short
10 meter opening Saturday at 2000z, but, unfortunately, it was mainly limited to
CA and TX, with single contacts with OR, AZ, and OK.  80 was OK, but not great.
I must have worked at least 10 NY stations, but not a single NJ!  40 was good in
the early evening both nights, but poor after that. 20 and 15 were the money
bands, but neither was open nearly as long as they are when the SS Cycle is
higher.  Thanks to KA6BIM and ND7K for all six bands.  K2RD in NV was my third
160 contact, but the 10 meter opening did not extend to NV, so we had to settle
for five bands.  Thanks for all the Q's!  Kent

TS-990
3 el SteppIR @35'
140' long multiband dipole @40'
160M inverted L