[3830] ARRLDX SSB N9RV SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 8 09:59:07 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:    1     1
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1164   172  Total Score = 600,624

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Was prepared to operate full time, but alas it was not to be.  Low bands were
shut tight the first night, and sleep was the answer!

Felt some obligation to put the MT multiplier on, so tried to be active on all
bands, but I slept too much to really do the low bands properly.  Sorry.

The EU pileup was much better behaved the second morning and rates were better
even though signals were no different.  Pileups had all stations at same signal
strength -- was a lot of fun but a big challenge also.

It was nice to hear EU coming in much better at local sunset on Saturday.  80
was better also.  Had some hope that there might be some JA the second night,
but there was nothing -- more YB's than JA's here.  This is definitely not
Arizona!

Was very strange to hear how quiet 20 meters became in the afternoons after EU
went away.  Sounded like 15 meters!

Now I will go back to my ordinary status as just another station -- it was fun
being a multiplier for DX the last two contests!

  - Pat
    N9RV