[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1HS SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 8 11:28:47 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: W1HS
Operator(s): W1HS
Station: W1HS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN33WM

  160:    0     0
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  507   164  Total Score = 249,444

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Very rough conditions Friday night. 40 was very noisy and 80 never really picked
up. 20m was open on Saturday, but it was over crowded with many overlapping
signals because there was nowhere else to go.  Very difficult to find a clear
run frequency, but I managed to get a very short but productive run on 20m
Saturday early afternoon localtime. 40 was sparsely populated and noisy. There
were stations to work, but they seemed to be having trouble copying and the band
seemed much less full than previous years.

Sunday conditions on 20m improved, and I was able to find an open frequency
which yielded a decent run going on 20m before the band shut down to Europe. 15m
was open for several hours, but signals were fairly weak. 10m was open for a
little while, but it was extremely weak.  I was only able to work one PY
station, and that took many calls to get the QSO completed.

All in all, I did ok, not as good as last year and it was a lot more work, with
more very slow periods, but I had a good time, and got some cleanup done in the
shack at the same time...

Thanks to all.