[3830] Commonwealth GB5CC Headquarters HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 14 07:10:58 EDT 2021

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2021

Call: GB5CC
Operator(s): GB5CC
Station: GB5CC

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH: IO93EJ
Operating Time (hrs): 19h08

   80:  188      920
   40:  250     1360
   20:  230     1320
   15:   56      360
   10:   20       60
-----------------------
Total:  744     4020  Total Score = 5,555

Club: RSGB Contest Club

Comments:

I ended up about 15 QSOs short of my count for 2019 when I ran GB5CC before.  I
am not sure we should continue with this HQ callsign; I get so many G6HCC
number. We will see what callsigns are available next year.
Overall conditions were OK for this point in the sunspot cycle. VK and ZL were
pretty good on most bands but only a few on 15m and none on 10m. Similarly, VE
were a just a few on 15m and none on 10m.
We missed having no travellers but this was somewhat compensated by the large
number of ZL, VK, VE and UK HQ stations. The balance seemed OK. My Wintest
struggled to understand that the ZL6HQ/* stations were not the same one and it
also failed to recognise the VK*WIA stations correctly - so I did work a dupe
before I got the hang of what it was doing.
Quite a few angry demands to QSY out of the bottom of 20m during the daytime.
Highlights were marginal QSOs - LP to ZL on 20m late in our evening and a QSO
with VK4WIA which was tricky but rewarding.