[3830] TBDC K0JP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 14 11:10:45 EDT 2021

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: K0JP
Operator(s): K0JP
Station: K0JP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Karlstad, MN

Total:  QSOs = 26  Total Score = 122

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I had one goal in this Stew...work South Carolina to finish Top Band WAS from
here in far northwest Minnesota...and I got it done! Worked N3HEE for the 50th
state. That took a while and it feels good.

Once again, antenna performance was a key issue. I can hear well but many, many,
stations CQ in my face even when they are S9. I tuned through the band many
times over the course of the contest, calling whoever I could hear. My success
rate in getting the Q was 49% at best. Well, I guess that is an incentive to
figure out how to improve my low long-wire but in an apartment setting it will
be difficult.