[3830] OkQP N8II SOABMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 17 20:25:24 EDT 2021

                    Oklahoma QSO Party - 2021

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~12-13

  160:
   80:    4      0
   40:   35      8
   20:   85     30
   15:    2      1
   10:    0      0
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  126     39      0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 31,008

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I enjoyed this QP until 20 closed around 2330Z (18 minutes past my sunset)
Saturday. From then on, it was a real slog. There was a digital contest on 40 as
low as about 7035 KHz which may have covered up a few weak signals, but the
biggest problem was a lack of activity. My last logged Q was with WB0TEV/M at
0136Z and I kept searching until the 0200Z stop with some CQ's as well. Sunday
was a bit stressful as very few new fixed stations were found; so, it was a
matter of waiting for the mobiles/rovers to hit a new spot. Saturday, we had
molbiles/rovers N4CD, WB0TEV(SSB)/K5PS(CW), K5ZG, K5CM, and WW5X to chase.
Sunday, only K5CM and WW5X plus K5ZG from the CIM/TEX line only were repeat
mobiles and Bob, W0BH a new one. I made 52 Q's during the 6 hours Sunday when I
operated about 4 and 1/3. Next year if I try again, I will definitely bring my
laptop into the shack to watch spots without switching screens. I missed at
least a dozen Q's I could have had.

Thanks to all of the mobiles for making so many Q's and counties available.
K5PS, K5CM, and WW5X were on the road all day Saturday, lots of miles! And
thanks to out of state ops WW5X, N4CD, K5ZG, and W0BH for adding a lot to the
fun.

A one day 12 hour event would be a lot more tolerable than the current 18 hour
event. I had great conditions on 20M both days until the darkness close
Saturday. 40 was fine a night except QRM, very difficult during mid day
especially Sunday when line noise buried most OK signals. Thanks for the Q's!

73, Jeff