[3830] TBDC WF7T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 18 20:01:11 EDT 2021

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: WF7T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN

Total:  QSOs = 123  Total Score = 593

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks to BARC for sponsoring the show. I had hoped for more time but couldn't
carve it away. I was able to make some transmit antenna improvements before this
session. RX improvements were nil, but frankly having a bad RX antenna is better
than having NO RX antenna.

Was excited to work the few EU stations I did: Good ears! Condx were not great,
with sigs popping up about 2hr before EU sunrise but not much better at  EU SR.
Good N/S enhancement at local midnight, and really strong to US west coast.
Heard some AU flutter (I think). I really have no idea what's going on, but I
had a great time!

Thanks for the Qs, and wish everyone happy, healthy and DX!

73 Brad WF7T
Nashville, TN EM66pe

---

IC7600 @ 100W
Voltage-fed marconi, vertical portion 18M* agl, 33M top-hat (*was at 10M)
VE3DO RX loop favoring signals from E (8'x30', not great but better than nil)
N1MM+