[3830] WiQP W9MVA(@N9FDE) M/M Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Mar 20 01:53:54 EDT 2021

                    Wisconsin QSO Party - 2021

Call: W9MVA
Operator(s): N9ETD N9FDE WA9TS KA9FOX
Station: N9FDE

Class: M/M Fixed LP
QTH: LA CROSSE
Operating Time (hrs): 7:00

  160:
   80:     55      208
   40:    189      137
   20:     93      237
    2:               2
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    337      584  Mults = 108  Total Score = 203,796.0

Club: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO ASSN

Comments:

Our club invaded the shack of N9FDE in Onalaska, WI, where we had use of his
SteppIR antenna for 10/15/20, and his 40/80 fan dipole, all up around 50 feet.
In addition, we used our club tower trailer to put up dipoles for 40m and 80m,
so the two HF stations had their own 40/80 antennas and we only had to share the
SteppIR tribander. ICE-419 bandpass filters kept interstation interference to a
minimum.

Overall, we had a blast!!! N9FDE even cooked up some brats to keep us well fed.
Every time we have a club operating event like this, we learn new things,
improve our skills and get ideas for making things better next time!

one big disappointment was the N3FJP Contest software, which managed to delete
some of our contacts that we know we had logged (we even have a screen shot that
proves some of the contacts were logged, but were later deleted somehow by the
software). We are working with N3FJP on this.  So, while our reported score is
921 QSOs, we really have no idea how many other contacts we lost, and we know
for sure of 1 mult we lost (Waushara County). But we did not do this contest for
the score... we did it to enjoy the company of fellow club members, and to
improve our skills and THAT was a huge success!!!