[3830] Rus DX LZ5R(@LZ1KFM) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 21 08:34:09 EDT 2021

                    Russian DX Contest - 2021

Call: LZ5R
Operator(s): LZ1YQ LZ1JZ LZ1UK LZ1NK LZ2XA LZ2HM LZ5DB LZ1ZF LZ3ND S55M K1LZ
Station: LZ1KFM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KN22
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Remote Operation

  160:   304    35       50        55
   80:   696   143       64        69
   40:   740   323       92        73
   20:   715   316       99        79
   15:   362    77       83        72
   10:   109     2       29        36
Total:  2926   896      417       384  Total Score = 19,451,484

Club: Milara Contest Club

Comments:

What a race it was....
First, Thanks to all, who answered (or at least attempted)  our calls from one
of our 7 interlocked radios. We apologies if we didn't get you.
Two of radios were operated remotely by K1LZ (USA) and LZ3ND (DL) just to hunt
multipliers. And they did a great job.
We had all sort of new experimental solutions and we tested a new thing called
"SSB skimmer". It did not worked well, so we have to re-think it all
over again. In the meantime , we used same resources in kitchen.
We lost power for 10 seconds at the beginning of contest and it took 30min to
bring all the stuff back to life :)
There were a lot of fights and high notes during this one (you can imagine 4
interlocked stations with 4 Balkan souls in front of them full of adrenaline),
but at the end, we are still alive and kicking.
Conditions were not the best but good enough, to put at least 100 stations in
log on 10m. promising..
Antennas and radios were to many to mention them all, but we were mostly happy
with 4squares used as RX only antennas.
There is a group of stations who gather on 14.100 but only TX and never listen.
They are there just to take space on our band maps :) Of course, they are useful
to check propagation so keep them alive.
At the beginning we planned to stay a bit behind, but when our rivals UP2L and
E7DX kicked turbo, we were a bit in doubt about our strategy. Guys, BIG THANKS
for being on online score and posting your scores!
We really enjoyed this one and we are already thinking of the next one.

Krassy, thanks for sharing your fine station with us.

LZ5R Team