[3830] Rus DX VE3NNT SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 21 16:50:10 EDT 2021

                    Russian DX Contest - 2021

Call: VE3NNT
Operator(s): VE3NNT
Station: VE3NNT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: FN14cm
Operating Time (hrs): 19:50
Remote Operation

  160:    10              2         0
   80:   219             44        13
   40:   257             56        10
   20:   552             64        29
Total:  1038    0       166        52  Total Score = 1,132,074

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I was able to put more time into the contest this year since my wife is overseas
visiting her mother. Conditions on the high bands were not so good. I didn't
hear anything on 10m or 15m when I checked. On the low bands, at least 80m was
relatively quiet for the Saturday afternoon run to Europe, about S5 noise floor.
As the evening went on, the noise floor increased along with a lot of static
crashes.

I don't hear DX on my 160m inverted L, and until I do something about that, my
score will suffer in this contest.

With the current band conditions, it wasn't worth staying up all night for the
very few extra contacts that could be worked.