[3830] VaQP WN4AFP SOAB/MixedFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 21 22:20:00 EDT 2021

                    Virginia QSO Party - 2021

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed LP
QTH: SC

  160:
   80:   34     31
   40:   47     33
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   81     64      0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 19,108

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

It was great to spend 13 hours at the Virginia QSO party. It all started on
Saturday morning...couldn't work anyone on 80m, so a marginal 40m was all I had
to use. What's most interesting is that I didn't work a mobile station until I
finally heard N4CW/m after 5 hours into the contest. One interesting point was
that a majority of my 60+ contacts on the first day was with different fixed
stations. I had family obligations most of Saturday evening. As many of you
already know, 1200z on Sunday morning came very early for me. I am a night owl
and definitely not an early bird. I hope that my Qs in the first hour were
accurate. I'm sure that I did better as time went on. I finally found Matt at
12:30z and later started chasing N4CW too. Thank you W4GO and N4CW for keeping
me in the chair for your many mobile runs which resulted in 35+ Qs and many
multipliers. Hats off to K9RS with an amazing claimed score along with the
normal high-flyers... WB8WKQ, W5TM, AA4TI, N8II, WB9HFK and more...

The serial numbers heard were in the 4 digits on Sunday... Congrats to Gordon
and the club for another enjoyable VAQP. 73s Dave WN4AFP

Do you love to work QSO party contests? If so, join the State QSO Party
Challenge. All is takes to qualify is to make at least two contacts in two
approved QSO party contests. Visit stateqsoparty.com for all the details.