[3830] CWopsT W9SZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 25 09:35:48 EDT 2021

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Mar 25

Call: W9SZ
Operator(s): W9SZ
Station: W9SZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Total:  25  Mults = 25  Total Score = 625

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I was playing around with a new radio. I got an FT857 from a good friend in
brand-new condition for a very good price. It's pretty much the same as the
FT897 except all the buttons are in different places. I am impressed that this
tiny radio can do 100 watts.

I'm not used to it yet and had a few problems. First off, I called several
people with no answer. Then I found out I had it set in "split" mode
and was calling everyone on 7010. And I inadvertently pushed some button (I
don't know which) and some critical parts of the display (like mode)
disappeared. I still haven't figured that out yet.

The only thing I don't like about it so far is that the tiny speaker doesn't
sound so good. I may have to go with an external speaker or headphones.

I don't send keyboard CW. I use a keyer. The radio has a built-in keyer. Just
plug in the paddles. It seems I was particularly fat-fisted last night. Sorry
about that. :-)

73 Zack W9SZ