[3830] WPX SSB ZM4T(ZL3IO) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 28 20:48:11 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZM4T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-Lodge
Operating Time (hrs):

   40: 1080

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were poor from here. The first day was still better than the second
day. Deep QSB on 15m. Only short bursts of propagation on 10 m and very few
stations arounds. 40 m was again the money band but extremely crowded.
Unfortunately, I had no real EU opening on 20m (except for two very short runs
on day one, 1 x sp, 1 x lp). On 15 m I got some EA/CT's on day two via long
path. Without EU on the high bands there is no chance to get those juicy
multipliers one needs. The recently finished South America tower (4L40, 3L20,
5L15) came into play for the fist time and as a result I worked much more SA
(especially on 15 m) than usual.

I wasn't able to stay in the chair for 36 hours. My body requested breaks even
during the days. Since I'm still recovering from my 2020 odyssey I decided to
listen.

One of the 6x2 antenna switches had a sticking relay which took me a while to
figure out. I first thought of the RX/TX switching in the radio or the amp.
Retrospectively, I'm now certain this was already the trouble maker in the ARRL
DX SSB contest.

I wonder what the committee will do with the KG0AQ QSO's. When he worked me the
second time I again got #1. First I thought ok he might not have logged the
first QSO. But I came across him again when dialing the bands and he gave #1 to
everyone.

Thanks for the QSO's

73 Holger, ZL3IO

FLEX-6600M + RF kit amp