[3830] WPX SSB NS3T SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 28 20:46:25 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

These were tough conditions for a low power, low antenna station.  When only 6
percent of my contacts were with EU, that tells the story.  I heard dozens and
dozens of EU stations, but they couldn't hear me.  It didn't matter what band I
was on.

I started off the first night with a nice two hours of running on 75 meters.
(You can tell from my score my wires do best there.)  But after about 0530z, the
available contacts dried up.  And it was very slim pickings on Saturday night.
Skip was long on both 160 and 80 for me to the West Coast.  I could hear the big
station 6's and 7's with no problem, which is not normal.

After VE, PY again gave me the most contacts.  I enjoyed the Brazil QSO Party on
Saturday on 10 meters again.  It's great to hear so many SA stations on.  After
having trouble getting SA mults on 20 meters in ARRL SSB, I put up a new antenna
to broadside them - and it worked very well in this contest.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts.  73 Jamie NS3T