[3830] WPX SSB KL7RA M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 29 10:56:25 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KA1NCN AL2F KL7SB KL0R
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Kenai, AK

   20: 2279

We've come through the year-long COVID tunnel, and the sun is blinding.

As you may have heard, Alaska was the first state to allow all adults to get the
COVID vaccine, so we were able to field an entirely-immunized crew... and as
such, this was our first in-person multi op in a year.

We were very fortunate that the station made it through the year with little in
terms of damage or the need to repair things. We updated Win-test, loaded new
country files and SCP files and went at it.

Conditions were awesome... oh, wait... my notes actually say "awful".
None of that really mattered, it was good to get everyone together and deprive
each other of sleep. We staffed the station for the entire 48 hours, but we took
it easy... To use a baseball metaphor, it was "pitchers infield
practice." Media day and Grapefruit League are ahead while we get ready,
and WPX CW will be opening day.

In the process of the contest, we broke a few things, but fortunately, none of
them were amps... So we're mostly ready to go for WPX CW... if the snow ever
melts.

This last year has been... rough, to say the least. It was never in the cards to
create a completely remotable KL7RA, so having everyone in the same space was
the thing we've been waiting for. North Pole Contest Group was fortunate that
all of our close and extended radio family came through it all relatively
unscathed. I hope the same is true for all of you.

Thanks everyone for the Q's

Respectfully, 73

Wigi
KL0R