[3830] WPX SSB N8IVN SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 30 00:03:52 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: N8IVN
Operator(s): N8IVN
Station: N8IVN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Gaithersburg, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 9:45

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was an abbreviated operation due to Passover and other commitments with
family this weekend.  It was not insignificant in that this is the first time in
a year that family has been able to hug each other.

As has been the case in the short time that I've worked contests from this QTH,
80m continues to be the money band with this EDZ.  I was able to make a nice run
on 80m Friday night.  And, while I was able to work 15m & 20m on Saturday,
it wasn't until Sunday that I was able to get the majority of my 40m contacts.
It seems that unless I drop my power on 40m to 400w, I take out the FIOS ONT and
we lose Internet.  I'm sure that Verizon and I will be speaking about this
soon.

It was nice to meet so many PVRC members on the band.  Tim/N3QE and Jim/WX3B
always the cheerleaders!  It was appreciated.  As well, I don't ever recall
being spotted as many times as I was during this contest.  Thanks for these.
It's nice to see this "realtime reward" as the contest goes on.

As much as I've enjoyed being able to contest from my own QTH, I look forward to
spending time again w/ Team WX3B.

73,
Dennis N8IVN