[3830] WPX SSB IU4FNO SOSB20 TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 30 03:16:00 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: IU4FNO
Operator(s): IU4FNO
Station: IU4FNO

Class: SOSB20 LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Casalgrande (JN54IN)

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were strange: sometimes DXs were really loud, some other times almost
inaudible. I think overall conditions were not bad, especially on Sunday. As
usual the band was completely full, so this was mostly a S&P contest. I
tried a few times to find a clear frequency to run, but with my low power it was
almost impossible to keep it. I managed only two times, the second one on Sunday
evening when the band was fully open to NA (a bunch of 3 pointers definitely
needed). Nice back scatter propagation, a few stations from south Italy and the
Balkans worked with my antenna pointing to the US.
I Hope that in 2022 we will return to a more "normal" edition, with
more DX and multi op entries
73 de Alessandro IU4FNO