[3830] 7QP K7GK/6 SO(A)Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 2 11:03:28 EDT 2021

                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2021

Call: K7GK/6
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: K7GK

Class: SO(A)Mixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10+

  160:
   80:   60     14
   40:  108    170
   20:   83     45
----------------------------
Total:  251    228      0  Mults = 125  Total Score = 150,750

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A serious, but not a full-time effort. Missed some prime 20m time during the day
as well as some 40m time in the morning due to various non-radio activities
(yes, those do happen, strangely enough).
I feel that this contest allows me to use this very simple station effectively
and maximize the fun to effort ratio. And fun was certainly had this Saturday.
It is great to work many of my fellow 7s, friends and former neighbors. For
example, it took me a bit to figure out what's going on, when I got called by
KL2A. Not because I didn't think he was in 7-land, I certainly knew that Jon
often operates from there, but because he was actually using voice. I'm pretty
sure that's our only contact on SSB over the years. Another first was working
W7GK, whom I never heard before. It's also curious to work a few sixes, who were
signing portable 7. I felt a strange kinship with these folks, though in an
opposite kind of way.
For whatever reason I didn't work as many mobiles this time, even though there
was a fair number of them, and I was trying my best to pay attention to their
movements. Often when I clicked on a mobile spot, the stations weren't there.
Oh, well. Many thanks to the portables and mobiles, who make this event extra
fun. I fondly remember my own county line expeditions for ORQP (the 7QP
precursor) and it was a lot of hard work. You make this event even more exciting
and it is very much appreciated.

73, Denis - K7GK/6

Equipment: 1K + dipoles