[3830] NewEngQP AC1EV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 3 10:03:11 EDT 2021

                    New England QSO Party - 2021

Call: AC1EV
Operator(s): AC1EV
Station: AC1EV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Mirror Lake, NH

   80:     0        37
   40:     0       230
   20:     0       537
   15:     0         0
   10:     0         0
------------------------
Total:     0       804  Mults = 71  Total Score = 57,084

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This is the first contest with a new Spiderbeam antenna properly tuned and
installed at 35 feet above the ground.  The antenna is on a hill around 80 feet
above the surrounding terrain.  I operated solely SSB in mediocre conditions and
was very satisfied with the performance.  40M and 80M were handled by 2 EFHW
antennas with overlapping capabilities.  One was better on 40 and the other on
80, but having diversity did help me with certain QSOs.  Happy to have 80m QSOs
with both California and Switzerland.  At 7:50PM Sunday I was at 790 QSOs and
had an exciting sprint to the finish to break 800 QSOs.  I learned a lot and
there are plenty of areas for improvement for the next one.  Thanks to all who
made this possible.