[3830] NewEngQP W4ER Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 3 13:34:27 EDT 2021

                    New England QSO Party - 2021

Call: W4ER
Operator(s): W4ER
Station: W4ER

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs):

------------------------
Total:     31       0  Mults = 18  Total Score = 1,116

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks for the Qs! My 8 year old granddaughter enjoyed the contest
("race" to her), she would hit the Enter key (using N1MM+ in ESM) when
I said "now".  By the end she was able to "hear" my call
when a station would answer.  It was great to introduce her to radiosport. She
is already has a competitive spirit in other activities. She liked seeing the
score increase with each completed contact.

We had teaching moments on geography, signal strength reports, and propagation.
I don't know if that puts me in a Multi-op class or not but, I would not trade
the fun time for anything.

K3 @ 5 watts to attic antennas

73, John