[3830] CWopsT RM2D(SM6LRR) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu May 6 00:10:32 EDT 2021

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z May 6

Call: RM2D
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM2D

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Vereya

Total:  24  Mults = 21  Total Score = 504

Club: EU-CWOps

Comments:

Exactly how many times have I told myself in the past how useless it is to set
the alarmclock at 0530 AM local time and get ready for CWT Session Number 3???
This was the final nail in the coffin. Unless CWOps agree to add a fourth
session more suitable for Europe, somewhere around 05 UTC or similar, I really
lost the interest for CWT as such (and eventually for CWOps). I hoped the Yanks
would be less tonedeaf on the other side of the pond, to realize that there
needs to be another session, and there needs to be incentive to listen for
weaker signals from other continents...

80 and 40 meter die early this was east (European Russia) and the only band that
can produce anything is 20 meters. And the funny thing, I was spotted by VE6 and
W6/W7 skimmers the last 20 minutes on 20, with really quite nice sigs. Only four
NA QSOs was the result from endless CQ and S&P on 20 meters. The conditions
were there. W7RF and W6NV were 589-599, but all the Yanks were gathering on 40
and 80 meters for euphoric RUN-activity, listening for strong NA and in most
cases ignoring weak EU.

Come on guys, if you want a US CWOPs, then it is time to really get organized in
Europe and break away from your NA-focused club. We have at least the potential
here in Europe to create OUR EU CW Club, doing whatever we think is best. Just
in the same way as you guys treat un, and prevent listening to the voice outside
the US...