[3830] 50SprngSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 9 01:51:29 EDT 2021

                    50 MHz Spring Sprint - 2021

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22

I wasn't going to participate in this sprint because of the threat of rain, but
a late check of the forecast for my secondary hilltop showed only a 5 percent
chance at 7 PM and 2 percent after that. So the late decision was made to
scramble to the hilltop 14 miles away. Got set up by 8 PM with the simpler
antenna, the Moxon instead of the 5-el Yagi. Noticed lots of struggling with
QSB. Heard a QSO on the call freq between a couple stations in Louisiana and
then tuned to the beacon subband to hear a Louisiana beacon. Pointed the antenna
that way and called CQ for a while but no takers. Worked WW2Y/R in both his
grids. Made a final contact at 0248Z and had a great deal of fun chatting with a
couple new FN23 stations near Utica, NY after that. One was planning on having a
new 6m antenna installation finished before the June VHF Contest, and the other
was using his 160m antenna to talk to us on 6m.