[3830] KRC SST K4BAI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 9 21:46:52 EDT 2021

                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - May 10

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA

   80:  21     15
   40:  21     14
   20:  24     15
-------------------
Total:  66     44  Total Score = 2,904

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Hadn't tried 20M on Sunday nights since it was almosst dead at the 0000Z hour
when SSTs started.  Saw comments last week suggesting that Summer time
conditions had made 20 a good band at 0000Z, so started there tonight.  It was
wonderful. Great signals from all over including as close as WV and IN.  Also
worked OH5ZA.  Amazing.  Late night polar opening that we sometimes get to
Scandinavia.  40 and 80 were quite noisy.  I tried to operate 20 minutes on each
band and came close.  A few callers on 40 were under the QRN and I couldn't get
the calls. Sorry about that. When I went to 80, I scanned the band and found
only N9EP and worked Ed Then called CQ and had a steady stream of callers for
the rest of the hour.  Best "DX" on 80 were VE3NRT in ON and N0TA in
CO.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Having three very active bands at this hour makes for
a lot of fun!  73, John, K4BAI.

TS590SG, KPA1500,single element wires for all bands.