[3830] WPX CW WR8AA(N4ZR) SOAB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 30 20:06:01 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WR8AA
Operator(s): N4ZR
Station: N4ZR

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: MD

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My first time ever with a rare prefix, with the main idea being to boost my
contribution to the club score.  Fortunately, the call was in the super check
partial file from the last time it was used, over a decade ago, but it did
require extra repetitions for the RBN.

Bands were so noisy and so crowded that I had trouble finding a run frequency,
so most of my QSOs were S&P, and people tended to boggle at the call.
Still, managed almost 24 hours, which was more than I'd hoped for.  Station
worked flawlessly, just wish I could say that about the old man in the chair.