[3830] WPX CW AD5A SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 30 20:24:57 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A
Station: AD5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX

   20: 1258

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Those of us in Central Texas got off to a rough start. I was going to miss the
first hour or so to attend my granddaughters birthday party. I got home about
0130z only to be facing a line of thunderstorms. Finally fired up the rig at
0330z only to have to shut down again at 0530z. Then waited out the storm and
got back on at 0700z, but had to shut down again around 1030z. I decide to sleep
through that storm and was back in the air at 1400. All told, I spent 5 hours of
normal operating time waiting storms. When I got on the air  I only had 4 hours
of sleep left if I was going to put in a full effort. So felt like I was playing
catch up the whole time.

I did this one from my Boerne, TX QTH, with only multi-band beams  @ 75 ft. No
more than 3 elements on 10m, 15m and 20m and 2 elements on 40m and an Alpha
Delta DXA for 80m. The station performed well and I'm pleased with the results.
Ready to catch up on sleep now.

Thanks for the QSO's