[3830] WPX CW DG3T(DF5RF) SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 31 06:34:09 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: DG3T
Operator(s): DF5RF
Station: DG3T

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

I decided to learn something new regarding the change in using spotting
assistance, so that WPX was a learning experience. There were some good
occasions where the cluster helped, but there were many unrelevant spots, and
quite often I went back to my unassisted operating style. I also noticed false
spots, the worst example I found was a spot named 3U7II on the frequency of
3V8SS.
However, dxconds played more a role in the results than using this feature, as
15m and 10m were not in the same shape as last year, the other bands behaved ok.
20m was interestingly different, with a nice short opening to JA, but not
crowded up to 14120 by US stations calling cq side-by-side. Rather many repeats
and over 10 abandoned QSOs.
K3/KX3 5 Watts, two Mosley tribanders, three dipoles bent around the house where
the 40m dipole is the only full-size antenna that fits in my space. 80m dipole
lower ends about 8mtrs up, with the left-over length of wire pointing downwards.

Thanks for the QSOs and 73 Gernot DF5RF