[3830] WPX CW C37AC(EA3AKY) SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 31 10:59:05 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: C37AC
Operator(s): EA3AKY
Station: C37AC

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Andorra

I wish to thank to ARDAM and my good friend Salvador C31CT/EA3QS for giving the
opportunity to operate at their station C37AC. I know Salvador since we went
together to D64K back in 2012 and he always told me to go to Andorra to do some
radio. And I did it this year.

ARDAM may invite you to operate their station for a maximum period of 24 hours.
With this restriction I decided to go on the new 24 hours classic overlay.

If you look for C37AC in https://www.qrz.com/db/?callsign=C37AC you will get
some more information about where is the station located and what equipment they
have. You will be able to look to the environment with a camara installed at
2100 m asl.

The station is a ICOM 756 PRO III, expert 1.3 and simple dipoles from 160 to 10
meters.

My home is about 2 hours away from Andorra. I left it on friday after lunch and
I met with Salvador at his home at 8 p.m.. We went to the station, about 20
minutes away, to check the antennas. We found the set of 10-15-20 dipoles were
not working. We had a windom antenna for these bands that I had to be use with
low power as it had some high vswr. Most of the operation on 20 meters was with
less than 100 w.

Salva worked hours to solve it. On sunday afternoon he found that a rat had
eaten a piece of the buried coax.... He solved it and I could use the antenna on
15 and 20 between 18 and 19 UTC, my last hour of operation. I'm sure that
without this problem I could easliy add 200 or 300 qsos more to these two bands.

But no claims, I enjoyed every minute of the operation and very happy to give
the multiplier and, possibly, a new dxcc to some of you. Thanks Salva ! and
thanks to all who called. 73

73
Josep EA3AKY