[3830] CQWW SSB IS0/OM2TW SOSB80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 04:08:20 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: IS0/OM2TW
Operator(s): OM2TW OK8WW
Station: IS0/OM2TW

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Tempio Pausania
Operating Time (hrs): 31h24m

   80: 2077    20       93
Total: 2077    20       93  Total Score = 340,808

After several IOTA contests, my first CQWW from Sardinia.

We arrived on the island a week before the contest, so I had time to setup my
station and test it. I also enjoyed the nice weather on the island with XYL and
our dog.

This time I decided to go for single band without assistance, because of the a
bit "rare" multi location. This was a good desission, because I went
practically the whole contest on CQ, maybe I found 20 QSOs on the second radio.
Even these were very difficult, because it was nearly impossible to explain such
a long and complicated callsign like IS0/OM2TW.

Another issue was a stormy weather in the area. SAL-30 receiving system helped a
lot, all QSOs has been received by this antenna.

Setup:
2x SunSdr2 in SO2V mode
1,5kW power amplifier
18m vertical with 30 radials