[3830] CQWW SSB N1IXF SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 08:41:51 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: N1IXF
Operator(s): N1IXF
Station: N1IXF

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 25:56

   80:   52    12       32
   40:  220    27       82
   20:  243    28       84
   15:  255    26       97
   10:  322    20       77

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thank you Cycle 25!!  Great to have 10 and 15 back.

My effort was almost entirely S&P/click & work. I tried to spot ever
thing not in the bandmap.  Never able to get much of a run except on 10M.
Efforts at split on 40M were hardly productive and most EU below 7125 never
listened QSX.  The spots were surprisingly good, not as many busts as I recall
in the past.  I think the new Youth category encouraged more participation, or
at least I think I worked a bunch.  Listened to HG5KID and thought "now
there a great young operator" - totally in control.

Two memorable contacts... Working OX7A long path over Antarctica on 20M Sunday
afternoon - tested the path with the 180 degree switch on the SteppIR and could
barely hear him direct path.  Second was a zero point contact with KI5NYJ who
informed me that I was his first HF contact, hope he'll give contesting a try.

Station worked fine.  Only issue was a flaky Heil mic/footswitch dongle that
kept playing with my mic line at the most inopportune moments.  Fix turned out
to be a simple spray of DeoxIT into the female mic jack.  I am still plagued by
RFI and I'll be attempting to track that down in the next days.

Great weekend and thanks for contacts.
73,
Rich N1IXF