[3830] CQWW SSB KU2M SOSB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 10:56:47 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: Wayne, NJ

   15: 1725    31      118
Total: 1725    31      118  Total Score = 731,441

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

To paraphrase Mark Twain, "Reports of the death of HF propagation were
highly exaggerated." After the alarming news of a major solar flare just in
time to wreak havoc with the CQWW weekend, predictions on the
"Propagation.com" website of A indices of 45 for Saturday and Sunday,
and what was possibly the worst opening night ever experienced on 15M for the
CQWW SSB test, signs for the health of 15M did not bode well, and I braced for
disaster. However, the band roared back Saturday morning, with good openings
nearly everywhere except over northern polar paths. There was considerable noise
when beaming to the north pole on Saturday night, but in spite of that I was
able to work TWO zone 29 stations - something I never before achieved in any
CQWW test from here (Zone 29 is rarely heard on 15M from northern NJ). All in
all, in spite of lackluster openings to Asia on Dupeday (some people call it
Sunday) night, a great weekend for radiosport!