[3830] CQWW SSB S50K SO(A)SB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 14:15:53 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: S50K
Operator(s): S50K
Station: S50K

Class: SO(A)SB15 HP
QTH: JN66XB

   15: 2876    40      152

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

After a number of years participation only on 20 m, last year 2020 contribution
was skipped due to the Covid. This year I wanted to avoid 20 m crowd, putting an
eye on 15 m. Thus, the Steppir’s were tuned to that band.

The X-flare from Thursday suggested that there might be some good conditions
before the Earth will be hit. And that was the case. Reasonable JA run with
good, clear signals in Saturday. In between, I was chasing for mults, spending
valuable time without running and losing a frequency a number of times. The on
band conditions were better than prognosis and much better than what stations
worked in the last year. This also extended when mid and South America opened.
The afternoon offered clear signals from US, I was continuing with time spending
in pile-up crowd to chase mults and furthermore losing the frequency.

The Zone counter ticked very nicely, later in the evening zone 31 was marked
with KH7Q, this direction is not good for me. West EU rules over the pole at
that time. Final count for the day was 38, much better than expected.

In the morning A=3, K=13 signalled different conditions. To my surprise, JA was
still coming with decent signals at the beginning, they vanished afterwards. The
first day the JAs were dropping in with clear signals throughout the day. As
expected, much less or no new muts appeared in Sunday overall, this way leaving
more time for running. To my feeling, bad QRM was in the Sunday afternoon when
running to the States, with stations just coming to 1 kHz and less from both
sides. Thanks for understanding to a number of newcomers. The band closed in the
evening cca two hours earlier than expected. Luckily ZD7BG popped in already in
Sunday morning and ST2M only 10 minutes later for #39 and #40, making me happy
with this completion. For various reasons, was not successful with a number of
mults the first and the second day, still completing over reasonable 150, which
was not expected earlier.

Congratulations to DL2ARD, IR4X, 9A1P, 9A5Y for great final scores. It was nice
ctest.

73s,
Marko, S50K

---