[3830] CQWW SSB WO1N SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 14:53:27 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: MASSACHUSETTS

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   35     9       23
   40:   98    14       51
   20:  125    20       60
   15:  175    26       84
   10:  105    20       53

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FTdx5000, C3-SS at 38', 40MDi at 50', 80MDbl-L, N1MM+

Soapbox :

Retirement is good. Had all the yard work done by Friday, so the weekend
was clear to play radio.

Slow start for me as a low power/low antenna station but it eventually
comes around. I had a 500Q goal going in plus overnight stints at K1KP.

Bagged travelling to K1KP on the first night and worked the home station
until a break at 0730Z. Back on 1030Z and after sweeping the low bands went
immediately to 15 as it was wide open. Quick jumps to 10 showed some
good activity.

Basically all S&P all day Saturday. Headed over to K1KP to get checked
out on his new station setup. Spent most of the night on 80M as Tony's
phased delta loops really rock.

Driving home at 0730 local and was treated to a really spectacular
weather environment with sun, mist, rain and rainbows. The entire area was
bathed in a golden hue, combined with the fall color changes made
it look almost surreal. Another benefit of being the overnight shift op.

Had to get some sleep and got back on to catch the tail end of the
massive 10M opening. So much fun. It seemed everyone was operating
with extreme urgency because you know it wasn't going to last long.

Sure enough, by 1700Z the Eu opening was gone, at least for my station.

N1MM says 28 hours on the home station and plus another 8 at K1KP.

So good to have the high bands open.

CU in the next one,

Ken - WO1N