[3830] CQWW SSB LR7D(LU9ESD) SO(A)SB10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 23:44:40 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: LR7D
Operator(s): LU9ESD
Station: LU8EOT

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH: Escobar
Operating Time (hrs): 24:50

   10: 2393    27      105
------------------------------
Total: 2393    27      105  Total Score = 911,460

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

One more and completely new Experience. We fulfilled an old wish that we had
with my great friend Mark LU8EOT (LO5D) to make two Single-Bands simultaneously.

Between the two of us, we put together the station for the two bands from the
ground up in just 5 days.
Manufacturing and assembling 4 new antennas, and mounting two towers with all
that implies, under a scorching sun with historical temperatures for October,
with 37~39c every day was really a challenge that at times became a suffering .

Having suffered and endured the heat and the sun the way we did, further
confirmed our madness and passion for what we do.
Although we had many problems and in my case I lost around 7 hours of full
opening, far beyond the individual result of each one, the satisfaction of
having built our own antennas and having worked more than 15 hours a day
throughout the week to participate in a contest, and going off to call “CQ
contest” without even having done a single test QSO, is an experience and
sensation that is difficult to explain.
While I always like to work at the stations we visit, we have never made our own
antennas and specially, they work!!

I could be here telling you for hours everything we had to do and the things
that happened to us on all this days, but it’s not important at all.
The important thing is that it makes me very happy to read so many good
experiences, to see people motivated again with the higher-bands openings,
especially with the show that the 10-meter band gave us. Glad to see the
multi-op stations back and compete with each other, after two years of partial
and remote operations.

One more weekend that shows us that little by little everything returns to
normal, also in our world.

 See you next!

Manu LU9ESD-LR7D