[3830] CQWW SSB TF3T SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 2 09:19:57 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: TF3T
Operator(s): TF3T
Station: TF3T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: HP93LU

   80:  302    14       59
   40:  646    19       76
   20: 1234    25       94
   15:  890    24       71
   10:  303     8       42

This was very fun - and a big learning experience for me

I did better than I thought I could do , but I could have done better ! (don't
we all say that)

This is the first time I operate SOAB for real - and from the new QTH
I only had one 4 element on 20 facing EU, and a OB9-5  rotatable that I could
use for EU / NA. I needed bigger signal to NA on 20m so I could keep rates up.
40m I only had a vertical - it worked well - but did not deliver a commanding
signal to fight with.

Main thing is that I was really "pepped" up for the contest, but with
the pending doom of a CME I stopped operating early Sat morning even if I could
make contacts and had a good sleep. I was tired as I had been doing antenna work
on Friday - that is a big nono ! But when I woke up on Sat morning everything
was live ! all bands open !!! no blackout. So I went on good runs on 10-15-20 -
with rates over 200q - lot of fun. So in the end I'm happy, I managed to stay
cool and zen and work the pileups that were often quite challenging. I had also
decided not to get irritated/pissed if getting QRM'ed and pushed out - keep calm
and carry on making contacts ..that worked, no fights !

so slept 10 hours, lot of nice contacts, Hawai on 20/15 was fun - good openings
into SA. But totally missing AS/OC - heard ZL once on 40m.

moral of the story - need more antennas ! ;)

so fun - next years will be so fun

73 de TF3T