[3830] CQWW SSB W1UE(@W1KM) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 2 09:45:37 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

  160:    3     3        2
   80:   68    15       44
   40:   99    20       63
   20:   85    20       54
   15:   51    20       42
   10:   46    13       25

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Tough weekend for me.  Whenever I engaged PTT, without any modulation, Linear PO
would rise to somewhere between 300 and 1200watts.  Played with it and played
with it, but could never find what was wrong.  Poor signal, particularly on 10M,
and I finally gave up Sunday morning.  IQ4FA was 59+20 Sunday on 10M, I called
several times and he CQed in my face.  Then another station came on frequency,
and said my signal was so distorted that nothing could be heard.

Its gotta be something simple, but I still have found it.  What is most
frustrating is that Greg, W1KM, could use SSB without any distortion.

In any case, my CQing Sunday went in the dust, and my precontest goal of 1M
wasn't achieved.

Congrats on all the good scores out there!  When its open, there's no meters
like 10 meters, and I'm sad I missed it!

Dennis W1UE