[3830] CQWW SSB VO2AC SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 3 21:23:24 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: VO2AC
Operator(s): VO2AC
Station: VO2AC

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   37     8       19
   40:  249    14       43
   20:  316    16       64
   15:  404    23       77
   10:  119    12       30
------------------------------
Total: 1125    73      233  Total Score = 856,188

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Remote: TS-590, KPA500, HF9V (with 160m coil), MA5B

This is the first semi-serious contest since I made significant changes to the
remote station back in September, and the first time I've entered this contest
from the remote since 2015 (first year of my remote).  100W to an all band 26ft
ground mounted vertical on SSB was an exercise in frustration in 2015 that I
didn't feel like repeating.

I tried calling a few of the bigger NA stations on 160m the first night but they
never heard me so I don't think I ever went back there again.  I've struggled
making QSOs beyond 2,000km on CW in the past with 100W and 500W on SSB (when the
KAT500 would tune the antenna and the amp wouldn't fault) obviously wasn't any
better.  I hope to make at least one QSO in 160m in the CW leg :=)

80m wasn't much better.  I think I only CQ'd a couple of times on 80m and only
made a few QSOs so I spent the majority of my time on 80m S&Ping.  Even that
was a struggle so I skipped most of the second night and slept.

10m was OK on Saturday and I was able to work Zone 14 stations in EU, some NA,
and some Zone 8, 9, and 11.  Sunday was frustrating.  Lots of spots for EU that
I couldn't hear and I couldn't even hear the NA stations that were calling them.

Perhaps I might be better off working a single band next year and setting a Zone
2 record :=)

See you in the CW leg!

Thanks for the Qs!

73,