[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 4 23:13:26 EDT 2021

                    NCCC Sprint - Nov 5

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH

  160:   1      1
   80:   6      5
   40:  14     10
   20:   7      6
Total:  28     22  Total Score = 616

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I was prepared for weird propagation tonight after the G3 storm spawned last
night by a "cannibal CME," but it was better than expected.
ReverseBeacon.net had NO spots for me in testing in the 20 minutes or so before
the start, except on 160 of all places???  Nevertheless, 20 was a pleasant
surprise, and I kept pace for a while before 40 suddenly slowed down.  I
finessed the RFI problem tonight by lowering the power from 100 watts to 20
watts on 80 and 160 - that worked to keep the logging computer from freezing up,
but it hurt my audibility outside of NH. Still experimenting with ferrites,
mostly of unknown mix, on the various USB cables into the Intel NUC box, but so
far haven't found the magic combo.

Thanks to all for the Qs, and 73,
MikeNH

P.S. It was really eery on the low bands this morning around 1000Z - usually
hear multiple CW ragchews going from that hour on, but only silence this
morning. I had to look out the window to be sure the zombie apocalypse wasn't
underway!