[3830] SS CW N4XL SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 7 22:24:41 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: SC

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

First serious SS effort. Think I'll do these again! Missed NT. Like Hal, N4GG,
heard them at the end, but pileup too much for this station. Although I was
Assisted, had something messed up with the filter and hardly any spots made it
through. Changed cluster 90 minutes before the end and Shazam! Look at all those
stations I wasn't seeing. Oh well. Likely could have had a sweep if , but spent
a lot of time turning the knob like the old days and enjoyed that. Spent quite a
bit of time tuning for the NT. Heard him once in the beginning, but pileup too
big, and again at the end when spots showed him.

Far more comfortable copying at the end. Probably several q's lost from the
beginning due to miscopied info.

Messed up and although assisted I sent "A" for the precedent. Noticed
it Sunday morning, but kept on using it to maintain consistency. Asking the ARRL
how to handle Cabrillo log submission.

Unexpected company showed up Sunday so didn't get the full 24 hours in.

Kevan N4XL