[3830] SS CW KM7W(KL9A) SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 7 23:36:38 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KM7W
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: KM7W

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MT

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

I did not plan to make more than a handful of Q's, but I got sucked in somehow.

Visions of the sweep danced in my head for a while, but it was not to be.
Missed RI and MAR.  Called AB1BX, NC1CC, and another RI all weekend but could
never make it.  I chased AB1BX for a while on Sunday but I just was not loud
enough to crack the pileup.

VO2AC has ***amazing*** ears for a fantastic QSO on 40m.  I had to have my son
turn off the living room TV so I could hear him at all.  The plasma TV gives off
lots of noise to the ol' HOArray.

VA1MM and VE1RSM were weak on 40m, and I could never get their attention.
Dang.

It felt just plain wrong using the cluster, but I wanted to work the mults
quickly.  Can't believe I spent 12 hours in this contest.

This was a really great time working so many friends!  And it was not FT8.

-Chris KL9A

IC7300, attic 20/15/10 dipole and a stealth wire in my tree with an MFJ remote
tuner at the base for 40/80.