[3830] SS CW K5GN(@W5KU) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 8 00:28:24 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K5GN
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: W5KU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 23:50

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Almost a sweep.  Four QSOs with VY0 and VY1 but no VY2 was to be found anywhere.
 My last QSO was with a station operated by K1ZM.  Alas, wrong country.  Hats
off to those who found one or two for the sweep.

Antenna work took priority this weekend.  The top 15m yagi was the last of the
major repairs from the ice storm in February and it is now back in place.

Came down from the tower at 2230.  Started SS at 2300 and played catch up the
rest of the weekend.  Fell asleep early - very tired after two days on the 15m
tower.  So there was no off time strategy.

Conditions were mostly very, very good.  Some amazing signals close to the pin.
Even K2YG/QRP was S9+10dB on 80m this evening!

Congrats to K5WA, N5RZ at K5TR, and a host of others!  And thanks and apologies to
those who had to put up with my sleepy head and tired fingers lidness at times.