[3830] SS CW W1NN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 8 02:04:58 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Remote Operation

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

In a normal year I'd operate this contest in Ohio and then get ready to come
back here for the winter, but Covid really messed up my life and this is the
second SSCW I've operated remote from Japan.  I lost the use of my remote switch
so I'm down to just 40 and 80 meter dipoles, and without an antenna for 20.
Since I have no SO2R, I wasn't expecting to do very well.  But I didn't do too
badly considering everything. The K3 tunes the 40 dipole on 20, but a lot of
stations can't hear me.

This event begins at 6 AM Japan time.  That's a really good time to begin when
you are fresh out of bed, but when activity dried up around 5 PM my time, I
wasn't yet sleepy, so I didn't get a nap.  That made the remainder of the
contest really tough, especially around 3-4 AM my time. Lower activity levels
didn't help.  The Sunday doldrums were really awful this year.

The mults came easily this time except for NT.  I never heard VY1AAA but I did
hear VY0ERC on both 20 and 40.  I doubt that he would have heard me on 20 even
without a pileup, and the 40 pileup was horrendous so I didn't bother spending
time trying to get through.  Maybe a mistake?

80 is usually the money band for me but I just couldn't get any rate there this
year.  My QSO total for 40 is probably a record for me, and I probably should
have spent even more time there.

It's always fun hearing my fellow CK 57 guys.  Still quite a few of us hanging
in there.

73, Hal W1NN remote at tokyo