[3830] SS CW W9QL SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 8 10:08:17 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Illinois

Wow, my first ever CW Sweep! I didn't think it was going to happen. I was still
missing 18 sections on Sunday morning. I kept seeing VY1AAA spotted, but never
could hear them. Finally got through the pile-up and worked VY0ERC with a little
over an hour to go. Low power and a single G5RV does have its limitations. This
was all an all S&P effort and I spent a lot of time chasing mults rather
than trying to better my score. SS was the first contest I ever worked and there
is something about earning the Sweep that has always driven me during these
events. Thanks for the Q's and see you all in two weeks for SSB.

Dave