[3830] SS SSB N8IVN SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 21 21:01:40 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: N8IVN
Operator(s): N8IVN
Station: N8IVN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: FM19je
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

At first I thought that I would attempt to better my previous years' scores.
Then I began wondering just how few contacts I could make and still get a sweep.
 After that I decided to follow the mults which almost got me the sweep.  Then I
read Jim/WX3B's post about the passing of Bill Schwartz/K3WI.  I'd contested
with Bill numerous times at WX3B and at K4VV.  In fact, it might have been my
first SS SSB at K4VV when I watched Iron Man Bill sit, bic for what I believe
was about 13 hrs straight!  The news of his becoming an SK took the sails out of
it for me.  I enjoyed learning by just watching him.  He taught by example.
Bill, you have been and are truly missed OM.

73
Dennis N8IVN