[3830] SS SSB AB2E SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 21 21:41:20 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SNJ

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: FTDX-9000D/Acom 2000A
Antennas: All wires
75m dipole @95ft
40m dipole @90ft
20m delta loop @65ft
10m/15m homebrew fan dipole @ 65ft

Operating time: 9 hours
OK, was only going to get in and go for a quick sweep.
Wound up missing AK and NT, I heard AK Sun afternoon but pileups were too large
for me to get through with my wires. Never heard any VY's. Interesting that in
first 15min I worked ND, NE, VI, PR, and several others that I usually don't
work until Sun.
I knew there were going to be a lot of family events over the weekend, so I had
to split my operating times, a few hours Sat night, a couple hours Sun
afternoon, and maybe 2 hours after 00Z Sun night. Had a fabulous run on 75m from
0035Z to 0200Z. Made 150 Qs in that last session. It was funny that my rate
dropped from 175/hr one second, to no replies at all 5 min later. Like someone
pulled a switch with almost an hour to go.
Great to see so many friends, and a great test for the antennas for next weekend
for CQWW CW.
This is my best score for so few hours operated. I did a lot of S&P
initially to get the mults, then called CQ as much as possible where I'm strong,
75m and 40m.

73 to all and have a great Thanksgiving!
Darrell AB2E