[3830] SS SSB WB0TEV SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 21 23:16:29 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 22:34

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

TS590SG, KPA1500 AMP
Mosley PRO-67B at 63' (40/20/15/10), Inverted VEE at 60 feet for 80m
600 foot long reversible NE/SW beverage
720 foot long reversible NW/SE beverage

Score was down from last year.  BIC time as not quite an hour less, but main
issue was that propagation on 40m seemed punk here.  Band was way too long,
thank goodness for 80m. First time I ever got a sweep before going to bed
Saturday night.  VO2AC on 40m was the last one coming it at 0411Z.  Aside from
NNY and MAR, worked all sections at least twice.  It was gratifying to work 3
NT's: VY0ERC called in on 20 in the first hour, I managed to get through the
pile on 40m to snag VY1CO, and the real surprise was getting called by VY1YX who
was operating QRP on 20m.

I recorded all but 2 QSOs and they'll be available for listening off my qrz.com
page shortly after the log submission deadline and after I recover from
Thanksgiving.
73, Victor