[3830] SS SSB AE6Y Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 21 23:54:51 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCV

Club: Pizza Lovers 259

Comments:

That seemed like more of a grind than last year, though my score ended up
virtually the same (within a dozen Qs).  I really struggled on 40/80 Saturday
night and went to bed about 150 contacts down, but had enjoyable runs on 20 and
15 on Sunday that made up the difference.
 Lots of activity.  My first Canadian Q in the whole contest was VY1CO, who
called on 15, setting a very positive town for the contest!  Fortunately, VO1KVT
called in on 20 Sunday afternoon to finish the sweep; he was the only NL I heard
all weekend.
 Funniest moment occurred when I was making the dreaded move to 40 late Sunday
afternoon after 20 seemed to close earlier than I had hoped.  The band was chock
full of signals, but I found a possible opening at 7212 and asked if the
frequency was in use.  Back came the reply: "It's all yours; I'm turning
into a pumpkin" from an N1 who I guess had used up his 24 hours just then.
 73 and thanks for all the good phone operating.
Andy AE6Y