[3830] SS SSB N9TCA SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 22 00:20:30 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: N9TCA
Operator(s): N9TCA
Station: N9TCA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This completes my first two years of making contacts as a ham. Made 5 total in
2019 Nov Sweeps SSB and 270 this year. Eighteen hours in the chair makes the
difference, but this was all s&p so room for improvement next year(or next
contest). I had a goal of getting a sweep this year, but missed out on NT and
MAR, though not without trying on both of them. Since this is called the
soapbox, it was quite embarrassing to listen to the poor operator behavior which
spoiled the running station's capacity to continue. It is amazing how some
people will put aside common decency in favor of personal ambition. And this
isn't the lids who try and disrupt a contests, it is just a few regular
contesters who make it a bad experience for those high-value ops who are trying
to run. Well, I still had a blast!